LGBTQA+ Center staff are available by phone, email and Zoom to support students remotely.
Resources Navigating Campus
College can be a scary place, especially for LGBTQA+ students. The LGBTQA+ Resource Center is here to help you navigate campus safely and with confidence. Below are some resources we've identified that may be helpful to students, but it is in no way comprehensive. If you can't find something on this page, please stop by the Center and our staff will be happy to assist you!
Women's and Gender Studies Major/Minor
- The Women's and Gender Studies Program is devoted to creating safe and inclusive learning spaces where students, staff, and faculty can thrive and exchange ideas. With the commitment to the examination of women, gender, and sexuality through a variety of lenses, they believe in dignity and respect for all, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, country of origin, sexuality, disability, or age.
- Website: https://www.unl.edu/wgs
LGBTQ/Sexuality Studies Minor
- The LGBTQ/Sexuality Studies Minor allows students to study diverse populations and communities whose voices have long been neglected, gain a wider perspective about current debates and study sexuality in all its varieties.
- Website: https://www.unl.edu/wgs/lgbtq-sexuality-studies
Gender Inclusive Resources
Gender Inclusive Housing
- Gender-Inclusive Housing is designed to provide a supportive place for students of any gender identity to live on campus where they can feel safe, comfortable, and thrive.
- Website: https://housing.unl.edu/gender-inclusive-housing
- More Info: page 5 of Trans Guide
Gender Neutral Restrooms
- Most academic and residential buildings around campus have single-stall gender neutral restrooms. Student Affairs is currently compiling a full up-to-date listing of every gender neutral restroom on campus, but you can view older lists in our Trans Guide below.
- More Info: page 4 of Trans Guide
Changing Names and Gender Markers
- At UNL, students are able to change various records to match their identity. Some changes require legal documentation of change while others can be done without. For more information, see page 8 and 9 of the Trans Guide.
Diversity and Inclusion Home Page
- At the Univerity of Nebraska, all are welcome. Each person has something to gain from and offer to our community of learning, discovery, and outreach. The Diversity and Inclusion site offers a hub for all resources around campus that relate to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Website: https://diversity.unl.edu
Vice Chancellor of Diversity and Inclusion
- UNL recently created the position of Vice Chancellor of Diversity and Inclusion. More information about this position can be found on their website.
- The Women's Center helps everyone understand the changing roles of women and men at UNL. They are home to a resource library, meeting room, and lounge area where anyone can meet to receive support, study or hang out.
- Website: https://womens-center.unl.edu
- The Office of Academic Success and Intercultural Services (OASIS) enhances student success by promoting academic excellence, diversity awareness, and social engagement. They work with all UNL students with an emphasis on meeting the needs of ethnic minority students.
- Website: https://www.unl.edu/oasis
Services for Students with Disabilities
- The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is committed to ensuring equal access to curricular and co-curricular opportunities for students with disabilities. Providing a range of services, SSD implements reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities and offers students the opportunity to contribute and participate in the diverse campus experience.
- Website: https://www.unl.edu/ssd/
- Counseling and Psychological Services is a multidisciplinary team of psychologists and counselors that work collaboratively with UNL students to help them explore their feelings and thoughts and learn helpful ways to improve their mental, psychological and emotional well-being when issues arise.
- Scott Winrow, Ph.D., specializes in Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Issues, and can be contacted at email@example.com.
Vice Chancellor of Diversity and Inclusion
- Marco Barker serves as the Vice Chancellor of Diversity and Inclusion. His contact information can be found here.
- Campus Supporters is a list of names, departments, and organizations of LGBTQA+ supporters around campus.
Peer Mentor Program
- The LGBTQA+ Peer Mentor Program provides LGBTQA+ students with the resources and community they need to be a successful students at UNL and active members of the LGBTQA+ community.
- Website: https://lgbtqa.unl.edu/peer-mentor-program
LGBTQA+ Student Organizations
- There are many student organizations on campus that provide an inclusive environment for students of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expression to help gain a better understanding of the LGBTQA+ community at UNL and for their own professional growth and development. A list can be found at the site below!
- Website: https://lgbtqa.unl.edu/student-organizations
Chancellor's Commission on the Status of Gender & Sexual Identities
LGBTQA+ in Nebraska Pamphlet
- Download our LGBTQA+ in Nebraska Pamphlet for businesses, communities, and resources that are LGBTQA+ inclusive in the Lincoln area.