Counseling & Suicide Prevention You are not alone
If you are thinking about suicide, or if you are concerned about your wellbeing or the wellbeing of a friend, get help immediately. Tell an advisor, friend, or family member. RAs and RDs are trained to respond to this type of situation, as are many UNL faculty and staff members. Sharing your concern for a friend or letting others know the difficulty you’re facing is the first step. You Are Not Alone.
Suicide Crisis Hotlines
- The Trevor Project's TrevorLifeline
- Call 1-866-4-U-TREVOR or 1-866-488-7386
- Text Text START to 678-678
- CenterPointe (Lincoln) 24-hour crisis line 402-475-6695
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Text Text 838255
Mental Health Counseling
- UNL Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) (402) 472-7450
- LGBTQA+ Center liaison: Dr. Scott Winrow firstname.lastname@example.org
- UNL Counseling and School Psychology Clinic (402) 472-1152
- Offering affordable, confidential counseling for students and community members.
- Rainbow Clinic at the UNL Psychological Consultation Center (PCC) (402) 472-2351
- Offering affordable, confidential counseling for students and community members. The Rainbow Clinic is an outreach to the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer community that provides individual, couples, and family therapy and contributes to knowledge about diversity issues in clinical psychology.
- UNL Employee Assistance Program (402) 472-3107 or 1-800-755-2655
- for UNL employees.
Suicide Prevention Resources